Key Accomplishments · Led midsize civil/structural/geotechnical engineering group for major utility. Successfully managed numerous engineering and construction projects with budgets up to $4 million. Led team that was instrumental in establishing initial company marketing program to launch organization into free enterprise system. Increased productivity up to 20% by the implementation of engineering standards.Achieved “Excellent” Assessment rating from 90% of client base on categories of cost, timeliness and quality of product received.
· Implemented use of state of art materials for restoring dozens of structural systems. For example, was responsible for developing the rehabilitation concept to restore a large utility turbine generator auxiliary deck using composites. Restored and provided seismic upgrade for the Redondo Beach’s “Whaling Wall” by the artist Waylen. Completed projects on schedule and within established budgets.
· Engineered dozens of industrial and commercial projects from major electrical utilities to warehouses. For example, led engineering and analysis of an existing hydroelectric power water conveyance system in Central California. Undertook forensic assessment and analysis to determine “root cause” of failures before providing innovative alternative repair/replacement options. Led engineering effort on the Solar One Power Plant in Daggett, California, as well as the structural analysis and design of the standby power diesel generator building for San Onofre Generating Station.
· Provided numerous anchorage designs for dozens of equipment at industrial facilities such as Edison's Pebbly Beach, NRG Long Beach Generating Station, and Reliant Energy's Etiwanda and Mandalay Generating Stations.
· Effectively led team in development of proprietary seismic restraint system for computer hardware patent. Successfully negotiated contract that prevented major computer manufacturer from pirating restraint system.
· Developed and conducted training courses in engineering design, concrete and asphalt repair and rehabilitation. One course presented to over 30 participants, received high praise and excellent rating by over 85% of attendees.
· Conducted lectures on use of high tech composites to strengthen existing structural systems.